All adults are invited to join us on Sunday mornings in Wesley Hall for a 5-week short study called “Heroes!” The class will meet weekly from 9:40-10:40 am and no RSVP is required. Though the five lessons are all connected, each lesson stands by itself so you won’t be lost if you miss a week or two!
During “Heroes!” we’ll explore the same stories and themes that the kids will encounter during this summer’s Vacation Bible School. The lessons were created with parents, guardians, & volunteers in mind, but everyone is welcome. The study will be led by our director of children’s ministries, Ken Knight.
As we explore each of the 5 themes, we will:
- Check out some modern day heroes that tie into the daily theme,
- Take a shot at some hero trivia and look at some video clips of famous heroes,
- Dig into the Bible background and find out ways to talk to kids about the story, and
- Figure out what these daily themes mean to us as we go through our daily lives at home and work.
The five themes we’ll explore are:
- Samuel Anoints David: God’s heroes have heart!
- Abigail Saves the Day: God’s heroes have courage!
- Jesus Goes to the Temple: God’s heroes have wisdom!
- Beatitudes: God’s heroes have hope!
- Pentecost: God’s heroes have power!
If you have any questions, contact Ken at email@example.com or 374-2891 x107